Shenington  with Alkerton Parish

Feeling unwell - NHS advice
Self-care - be prepared
Make sure that your medicine chest is stocked up with
Paracetamol or Inbuprofen for pain relief and for fever in adults or children
Anti-diarrhoeal medicine
Rehydration mixture
A thermometer
If you are unlucky enough to get a cough, cold or flu, buying over the counter medicine, staying at home and keeping warm will make you feel better. Of course, if your symptoms worsen, you should seek a doctor’s appointment or call NHS 111 for advice.
If you are pregnant, aged over 65 or have a long term illness you can get a free seasonal flu jab from your GP.
Pharmacists can offer a range of health care services such as advice on minor illnesses (for example coughs, colds, diarrhoea and vomiting).
If it is not a 999 emergency and you do not know who to call for medical help, perhaps because your GP surgery is closed , then you can call NHS111 for advice. Calls from landlines and mobiles are free.
Remember to call first before going to an urgent care centre as you will be given an appointment and will avoid an unnecessary wait.
A&E departments should only be used in a critical or life threatening situation. A&E departments provide immediate emergency care for people who show symptoms of serious illness or who are badly injured.
Dialling 999 and stating that there is a medical emergency will result in an emergency response vehicle being sent to your location.
Surgery hours
9am to 1pm every weekday except Thursdays
9am to 6pm on Thursdays
Dispensary hours
9am to 12noon every weekday
3pm to 5.30pm on Thursdays

Community Web Kit provided free by BT